Post-Operative Instructions: Steroid Injections
- You may not drive for the rest of the day after your injection.
- You may experience soreness at the injection site. You may apply ice for 20 minutes at a time as needed.
- Avoid heat to the injection site for at least 48 hours. No hot pads, saunas, hot tubs, or swimming pools.
- Please remember to remove the bandage from the injection the same night.
- Corticosteroid side effects can occur but usually resolve within a couple days. This can include flushing, hot flashes, mild palpitations, insomnia, or headaches.
- It is extremely rare to get an infection after your injection, please call our office if you do experience any of the following symptoms; fevers, chills, increased pain, redness around the injection site, or drainage.
- Corticosteroids can take up to 10 days for optimal benefits to be felt.